Nominations Open for ICESCO “Bayan” Award for Creative Expression in Arabic 2021
18 May 2021
As part of the initiatives of its Center of Arabic for Non-Arabic Speakers, the Islamic World Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) has announced the opening of nominations for the 2nd edition of ICESCO “Bayan” Award for Creative Expression in Arabic for 2021. The Award will be granted to three winners from each age category: youth (USD 2,000) teens (USD 1,500), and children (USD 1,000).
The Bayan Award aims at promoting creativity and production in Arabic among non-Arabic speakers, highlighting the universality of Arabic, complementing both the educational and cultural dimensions, and encouraging the development of language skills through creative writing and oral expression.
The contest consists of an oral expression that the candidate records in a creatively and artfully produced short video based on a text written in Standard Arabic (verse, prose, article, or short story). Nominations must address either of the following themes: Post-COVID learning, prevention is better than cure, cultural diversity, or technology and the future.
- The candidate must be a student from a non-Arab country, whose first language is not Arabic;
- The work must be submitted through the student’s educational institution;
- The educational institution must nominate only one work;
- The video must not exceed three (3) minutes in length for children, four (4) minutes for teens, and five (5) minutes for youth;
- The video must be artfully and creatively produced;
- The video must not have been published or nominated for another contest;
- The application file must include the video, the written text, and the duly filled-in nomination form. The form can be downloaded via the link below: https://www.icesco.org/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/12/ICESCO-Award-BAYAN-second-edition.pdf
Nominations must be sent before July 30th, 2021 to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Award Jury will examine the nomination files that have met the criteria and select winners, who will be announced on ICESCO’s website and through official letters to the competent parties. In addition to the prize money, winners will receive appreciation certificates.
28 February 2024
ICESCO and Gabon sign an agreement to implement programs in the ...
The Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) and the Government of the Republic of Gabon signed a partnership agreement to implement joint projects and programs in the fields of education, science and culture over the period between 2024 and 2028. At the beginning of ...read more
28 February 2024
ICESCO Director-General Receives a Yemeni Delegation of Benevole...
Dr. Salim M. AlMalik, Director-General of the Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO), received a Yemeni delegation from the Benevolence Coalition for Humanitarian Relief (BCHR), headed by Mr. Fahmy Salmeen, the Executive Director of the BCHR, at ICESCO headquarters ...read more
28 February 2024
ICESCO launches project to promote women and girls’ literacy a...
The Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO), in partnership with the Ministry of National Education in Charge of Civics Training and the National Commission of the Gabonese Republic, launched a project to promote women and girls’ literacy and economic empowerment t...read more