ICESCO Issues Ten Academic Studies in Teaching Arabic to Non-Arabic Speakers
16 May 2023
The Center of Arabic for Non-Arabic Speakers at the Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) released the second series of academic studies in the field of teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers, as part of the Center’s supersized “specialized studies” project.
The project aims at enhancing ICESCO’s presence in the field of scientific research and publication, consolidating scientific and educational research, keeping pace with educational and cognitive developments in Arabic language teaching curricula, courses and educational means, and strengthening the Center’s relationship with researchers specialized in teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers from inside and outside ICESCO Member States.
The ten publications of the second series revolve around the topic of teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers, from various aspects and different perspectives co-authored by a group of experts from different universities representing nine countries: Nigeria, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Japan, Turkey, Jordan, Syria, Qatar and Malaysia.
These publications are titled are follows:- Arabic conjugation and its importance in teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers.
– Contextual dictionary of feminine words in Arabic for non-Arabic speakers.
– Teaching Arabic culture to non-Arabic students: issues, experiences and applied models.
– Teaching Arabic for health purposes for non-Arabic learners: a theoretical study and designing a model educational unit.
– Strategies for developing morphological awareness among non-Arabic learners.
– How to transfer non-Arabic learners from the beginner level to the distinguished level in light of the standards of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).- Arab-Islamic education in Nigeria: its developments and future bets.
– Enrichments of the levels of reading text in virtual reality applications and their mechanisms for language use: the application of Second Life as a model.
– Critical thinking and its applications in teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers: a vision in theory and practice.- Applications of language blogs in learning and teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers.
2 December 2023
Three Winning Technological Projects at close of ICESCO’s Yout...
At the close of its program for training youth in creating and developing small projects in the field of technology and innovation, the Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) announced the three winning teams among 12 teams and 90 participants in the Republic of Aze...read more
2 December 2023
ICESCO Director General receives the First Lady of the Republic ...
Dr. Salim M. AlMalik, Director General of the Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO), received Ms. Fatoumata Bah Barrow, First Lady of the Republic of the Gambia, and her accompanying delegation, during her visit to ICESCO Headquarters, on Friday, December 1, 2023, ...read more
2 December 2023
ICESCO hosts the launch of the sixth edition of the Women Pionee...
The headquarters of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) hosted the opening of the sixth edition of the Women Pioneering Oscar, organized by Cultures Without Borders Association, in collaboration with ICESCO, the Ministry of Youth, Culture, and Communication, and th...read more